Verify alert settings for restricted user in Microsoft 365 Defender.
The default alert policy for restricting users from sending emails will automatically notify admins when a user is blocked from sending outbound mail. In this post we will look at how we can modify this alert policy.
Verify alert Policy
To verify current policy, head over to https://security.microsoft.com
- Go to Email & collaboration
- Click on Policies & Rules > Alert policy
- On the Alert policy page, scroll down until you see the alert rule “User restricted from sending email”
- Click on the alert policy to open the configuration page. Here you can either add additional email recipients or disable the policy.
- When you click on Edit policy you will be able to modify the following.
- Enable or disable the policy
- Add additional email recipients.
- Modify the daily notification limit
You will notice that this alert policy has sections which cannot be modified because it’s a default policy.