A Transport database operation has encountered a fatal error. The Transport service is shutting down.
Exchange Transport Service Keeps shutting down.
To resolve this issue you can simple recreate the Transport Queue Database on the needed Exchange server.
To delete the specified database and corresponding transaction logs, follow these steps:
- Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Transport service is stopped.
- Delete the specified database files and the corresponding transaction log files. The database files and the transaction log files are described in the following list:
- Mail.que or IpFiltering.edb The main database file
- Trn.chk The checkpoint file
- Trn*.log The transaction logs
- Trnres*.jrs The reserved transaction logs that serve as placeholders
- Temp.edb A sample database file that is used to verify the database schema. Although this is not a transaction log file, it is always kept with the transaction logs.
- Start the Microsoft Exchange Transport service. If the message queue database or the Content Filtering database does not exist, a new, empty database is created. If the message queue database transaction logs or the Content Filtering database transaction logs do not exist, new logs are created.
The new files will be created as below.